|Category Temples Added Aug 11, 2017 Location Kalaram Mandir, Panchvati, Nashik Views 146 Rating|
If you are planning to come to Nashik, then plan to visit the Kalaram Temple Nashik. Kalaram Temple is a historical and important religious place located in Nashik City. Nashik city has a religious significance in Hindu history. “Kalaram” meaning is “Black Rama”. This is said because the black color statue of Lord Rama is set up here.
This temple was built by Sardar Rangarao Odhekar in 1788. It is said that Sardar Odhekar had seen a dream, in which he had seen the black idol of Lord Rama inside Godavari river. After that Sardar Odhekar took the black statue and built this temple on Godavari river side. The construction of this temple was required 23 lakh rupees, 12 years and 2000 laborers. Black stone required for the construction was brought from Ramshej.
Kalaram Temple played an important role in the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Dalit movement. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar started the movement to get Dalit’s to go to the temple. Apart from Lord Rama, the idol of his brother “Lakshman” and wife “Sita” is also established in this temple. This temple is decorated with attractive lights on the occasion of festivals like Ram Navami, Dussehra, Gudi Padwa (Hindi New Year Started).
This temple is worshiped 3 times a day.
1. Kakad Aarti performs in the early morning 5:30 am to 6:30 am
2. Morning 8:00 am to 10:00 am Mangal Aarti of Lord Rama.
3. Third and last time of Aarti is 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm Shej Aarti of Lord Rama.
1. If you are coming from Mumbai then take a left from Mahamarg bus stand and go straight towards Panchavati. Kalaram Temple Nashik is located approximately 4 kilometers from the Mahamarg bus stand.
2. If you are coming by train, then you need to take bus or auto. Kalaram Temple is approximately 10 kilometers away from the Nashik Road Railway Station. The City bus is a cheaper option for traveling in Nashik City. A City bus will cost you 15-20 rupees per seat for Nashik Road Railway Station To Kalaram Temple Nashik. While autos will cost you 40-50 rupees per seat.
3. If you are coming from Pune then you will have to go straight towards “Dwarka” and then take a right and go to “Amardham”. This is the nearest route and it will take hardly 8-10 mins to reach there.